Saturday, September 15, 2012

First Days of School

Claire (1st grade)
 
Claire started school back on August 6th. She had a great first day and likes her first grade video teacher, Ms. Weiler, "okay". (1st grade teachers are much more strict.)  Here are a few pictures I shot on the first day of 1st grade!
 
 
 
Lots of reading in 1st grade.
 
 
I love this outfit, but Claire was ADAMANT that she pick out her first day of school outfit.  Miss Independent ...
 
 
 
 
Here is Claire's 1st grade school questionnaire for the year:

My best friend's name is: Kathryn and Avery

My favorite thing to play: play outside

My favorite color: yellow

My favorite book: any American Girl Doll book

My favorite TV show: "Jessie" and "Good Luck Charlie"

My favorite food: Mexican food

When I grow up, I want to: be a teacher

Something I really like: playing soccer

Something I really don't like: stinky brothers

My favorite thing about myself: "I can write my name in cursive."

Something I want to do this year: "Go to Chuck E. Cheese all week."
 

David (Pre-Kindergarten)
 
David started his last first day of preschool (sniff, sniff) on August 28th.  He goes to a church preschool near our house 2 days/week.  He was super pumped to start school.  He really likes playing with all the little boys in his classroom.


 
With his teacher, Ms. Michelle.

 
Outside of his classroom on the first day!


David's pre-kindergarten questionnaire for the year:

My best friend's name is: Ian and Will

My favorite thing to play: the Wii

My favorite color: all colors

My favorite book: "Easy Street"

My favorite TV show: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

My favorite food: chicken nuggets

When I grow up, I want to: be a train engine (I think he means, drive a train)

Something I really like: going to Chuck E. Cheese

Something I really don't like: storms

My favorite thing about myself: "I'm funny."

Something I want to do this year: "Go to the beach."
 
Luke (Parents' Day Out)
 
Luke started PDO at the same place David goes to preschool, 2 days/week.  He was a little tearful the first week, but since then, he walks right in without a second glance at Mommy!
 
 

 
Luke really loved his lunchbox!  And there was no way I was getting a picture of him at school in front of his classroom or with his teachers.  He is very much "on the move" right now.

No comments: